1. Can I get involved without playing a game?
Yes. You can stream any activity – cooking, fitness, or even just playing with your pets. Please see our non gaming ideas for more information in our Ready, Set, Rescue tips.
2. How does gaming or streaming raise money?
Live streaming is a tool that enables you to interact and reach people no matter the distance. By doing this, you give them an option to donate to your fundraising page. They may donate because they like your content or because they want to support a cause that you are mutually passionate about.
3. How do I make sure the Home receives the money?
When setting up your JustGiving or Tiltify page, it will prompt you to choose a charity to fundraise for. By choosing Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home, you are ensuring the money will be transferred automatically to the Home. Here are our JustGiving and Tiltify accounts.
4. Do I already need to have a Twitch account?
No, but you will need one if you choose to fundraise through Twitch. Alternatively, you can link your YouTube page, a video link or just a photo.
5. Do I need to stream regularly?
No, but streaming regularly will help you gain more followers. If you don’t have many followers, your content may not reach many people.
6. My Wifi isn’t fast, will this be a problem?
It’s always best to do a test stream first to see if you’re internet is fast enough.
7. Can I take part if I’m under 18?
Yes, but the Home requires permission from your parent or guardian to do so. Please get in touch with our fundraising team if you have more questions.
8. Do I have to play something with dogs and cats in it?
No. You can choose to play or stream your favourite content.
The Home reserves the right to not accept a donation if we see fit. Please ensure your game or stream resonates with the Home’s vision: To create a community where unwanted and mistreated animals are given a voice and a second chance for a happy and forever home; and where anybody who can, will act to advocate for animals still suffering.
9. I use a console, will I be able to livestream?
You will need to research the console you are using to see if it allows livestreaming.
10. Where can I find branded graphics?
By downloading them here.
11. Who do I contact with my questions?
We’d love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 669 5331 to get in touch with our fundraising team.