Winter Tips for Dogs
As the Beast from the East rolls into Scotland, we've put together a few top tips to help you keep your dog content in the cold.
- Keep walks and play sessions short and frequent, especially as it dips below freezing.
- Check for ice or grit stuck between your pets toes - give them a quick clean after a walk.
- Dogs can dehydrate just as easily when it's cold out - check their water bowl isn't frozen over!
- Consider boots for extra paw protection, and a sweater for those with short coats.
- Keep an eye on your furry friend and make sure they're happy - if they're cold, come back inside.